Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Thank You

The eye is doing a lot better. I'm still having to do eyedrops, but the doctor says it should all be cleared up by the beginning of next week. Thank you to everyone who called me, emailed me, and prayed for me.

But the battle continues. The original plan this week was to launch our ministry at Tulane and at Loyola. But we ran into road blocks at both schools. In fact, it doesn't look like we're going ot be able to be at Loyola at all this year. The administration has specifically stated it doesn't want Crusade presence at its school for now. Please continue to pray against the strongholds in the city. Please continue to pray for the lives on the students on these campuses, and that God will open the door somehow for us to bring the gospel to the campus.

I still can't believe that a uear has already passed since this city was hit with Katrina. The city is still devastated and there is so much work yet to be done. Click here for a perspective from one of my teammates (who is originally from Louisiana).

I had the opportunity to attend the Presidential address to New Orleans yesterday. And it accomplished two things. It caused me to develop a greater respect for our President, and more importantly a greater compassion for the people of New Orleans.


No comments: