Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Strange Things...

strange things keep happening...

BUT before we get to those, here's an update on how our first week of launching on campus has been going. We spent the first two days passing out FSKs (Freshmen Survival Kits - laundry bags filled with a New Testament, a DVD, a CD, and a book...something like More than a Carpenter or Blue Like Jazz, etc) The purpose is two folds, we want to sow broadly (each kit also has a link to NOLAstudents.com), and to surface potential student leaders who have been called to reach their campus.

I have to be honest, as I've been praying this week, I've realized that I don't truly believe that God has raised up students who can start movements on these campuses. But as I've continued to pray, I sense the Lord giving me greater and greater faith.

Yesterday, we had a meeting for all those who were interested. We had 12 students show up to be potential leaders!!! I don't like to read into things, but as I was praying with one of the students who is interested in starting epic, the thought occured to me that Jesus started with 12 disciples!

But as we continue with our starting up on all the campuses, I'm continually reminded of the spiritual war that we're in. I'm not one to quickly attribute things to spiritual warfare, but I can't explain these things in any other way. In hte past couple weeks, we had two different people on our team fall down some stairs on different occasions. The little 2 year old girl of one of the families dislocated her arm. People are having technology problems with their computers and their cell phones. Monday night, both my roommate and I have really bad headaches. And then yesterday, halfway through the day, my eye started hurting really bad. I could barely keep it open. It was really sensitive to light, was really red, and kept tearing up. I managed to get an appointment with a doctor to find that somehow, I developed a really bad eye infection. And because of that, I had to miss being on campus today, and I won't be able to travel with the team to Southeastern Lousiana University (about an hour away) tomorrow...the doctor wants to see me again tomorrow afternoon.

Satan is trying to discourage us and will stop at nothing to keep us off campus and away from these students. PLEASE join with us in praying. We desperately need your prayers cause we must be doing something right, and satan is not excited.

1 comment:

Aaron M Truong said...

Hey Bro!

I just wanted to let you know that I'll be praying for you. Man, I know if I was Satan, I'd be scurred of you and your ministry so I'd do everything I could to stop you, but knowing you, it's not gonna happen. How's the collarbone? I know that things will start shaping up cuz you have God as your armor against the opposition and with that, you can never lose. Keep ya head up and keep pressing on bro, for all of us. Much love,
Aaron